If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from the folks at Bud & Marilyn's in Philly, and it's got all the things we want in a salad: Lots of greens, seasonal produce, and flavorful protein. The short rib marinade is really the secret weapon here: It goes well with steak, pork, or chicken. You could even baste a piece of fish or tofu. Of note: Your grill must be hot so your ribs don't stick to the grates. Not in the mood to cook tonight? Order it exclusively through Caviar's Secret Menu. —Food52
- 2 tablespoons asian pear, grated
- 9 grams garlic, minced
- 67 grams tamari
- 37 grams gochuchgang
- 22 grams ginger, minced
- 17.5 grams brown sugar
- 24 grams sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless shortrib, we suggest 2” thick
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound yellow wax beans
- 1 ear corn
- 1/4 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 asian pair, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 avocado
- 4 ounces watercress
- 4 ounces radicchio
- 4 ounces frisee
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- 20 thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix asian pear, garlic, tamari, gochuchgang, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil together to make marinade.
- Slice the shortrib, against the grain into 1/8th inch thick pieces. If shortrib isn't easy to slice, wrap and put in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up the meat.
- Rub marinade into the sliced shortrib. Any extra unused marinade will keep in the fridge for 4 days, or will freeze nicely. Marinate beef for 1-12 hours.
- Toss wax beans in extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and grill for 30 seconds.
- Lightly grill corn and slice kernels off.
- Soak red onion and radishes in ice water for 5 minutes.
- Place the shortrib slices on a hot grill or grill pan and grill for 30-45 seconds on each side. Set the meat aside.
- Whisk olive oil, rice wine vinegar, grated carrots, ginger, lime juice, honey, sesame oil and salt in a bowl.
- In a large serving bowl, add the watercress, radicchio and frisee. Pour ¼ cup of ginger-carrot dressing around the inside of the bowl. Season with a teaspoon salt and 6 grinds of fresh black pepper. Gently toss the greens with the dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, grilled beans, grilled corn, red onion, radishes, Asian pear, ½ teaspoon salt, 2-3 tablespoons carrot-ginger dressing and gently toss, divide on the 4 plates.
- Place 4-5 slices of the shortrib on top and garnish with ¼ of sliced avocado, 4 cilantro sprigs, 5 thai basil leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
More Great Recipes: