If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A chicken curry bowl made with juicy chicken thighs and roasted butternut squash! Dairy-free yogurt is mixed in to make a healthy, creamy sauce and then served with fluffy, Paleo cauliflower rice! —Madalyn Friedrich
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, roasted
- 1 carrot, large
- 1 zucchini
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless (6 pieces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 2 tsp curry powder, parted
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil for pan
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 cup bone broth or chicken broth, low sodium
- 3/4 cup salsa, pico de gallo (or 8 oz. diced tomatoes, canned)
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt, plain and unsweetened
- Cauliflower rice, prepared
- PREP Preheat oven to 410°. Peel butternut squash and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Cut carrot and zucchini in half (long-ways) and chop into half-inch pieces. Rinse and dry off chicken, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Lightly sprinkle chicken with 2 tsp of the curry.
- COOK CURRY CHICKEN Heat coconut oil in pan on medium-high heat and sear chicken 1 minute on both sides, or until browned. Remove chicken onto plate and set aside. Lower to medium heat and add chopped veggies in pan, sprinkle with salt and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until half doneness. Stir in ginger first, and then add broth, salsa or tomatoes, aminos, the rest of the curry, and paprika (optional). Stir to mix. Place chicken in pan with sauce (make sure chicken is pushed down, touching the bottom). Bring to a simmer, then lower temperature to low heat for a slow simmer. Cover and cook for 18-20 min—last couple minutes see "Finish Curry Chicken", below.
- ROAST BUTTERNUT When the chicken is simmering, put butternut on a pan lined with foil or parchment. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Arrange butternut on pan so they don’t touch. Roast in oven at 410° for 15-18 minutes.
- FINISH CURRY CHICKEN Uncover chicken curry for the last couple minutes and add roasted butternut, spinach, lime juice and yogurt. Stir and add salt to taste.
- PLATE Serve curry on cauliflower rice, greens or brown rice. Garnish with fresh herbs, like cilantro, basel or parsley!