If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Almond cake with basil infused whipped cream —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 8-inch cake
- Almond Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- Basil Whipped Cream Topping
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh berries and peaches
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract. mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, add half of the flour mixture, then milk, and the remaining flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the almond meal.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake centre comes out clean. Let cool.
- To prepare the whipped cream, heat cream over medium heat in a small saucepan, until it just starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat and toss in the basil leaves.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cream through a strainer into a small bowl to remove the basil.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours until it’s chilled.
- Whisk the whipping cream and the powdered sugar until it holds firm peaks. Gently spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Garnish with fresh fruits and basil leaves.