If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mix some linguine with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and bottarga, to conjure the taste of sea under the italian sun. Quick and simple, however definitely a statement dish. —Yeorjia
- 200 grams linguine
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes (best quality you can get)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 12 grams bottarga (powder or grated)
- 1 handful basil
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan, add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 min until they begin to soften.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, throw them in the pan with the garlic and onion and cook for 10 mins, until soft but not melting.
- Meanwhile, boil the linguine in heavily salted water (as salty as the sea as they say in Italy).
- Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of water from the boiling pasta in the pan with the tomato sauce, to keep it...saucy. Season with pepper (avoid salt as bottarga is quite salty).
- Add the bottarga, mix and top with the pasta and basil. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.