If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This caffeinated pastry comes from the mind of Chef Jaret Blinn, a former executive pastry chef turned restaurant owner. He owns CRAFTkitchen in Henderson, NV, which creates all its owns pastries and breads. —Jaret Blinn
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso grounds
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and expresso grounds in a bowl and mix
- Cut your cold butter into small pieces and work into the flour
- Combine cream, eggs, and vanilla together
- Slowly work in by hand, all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Once almost together, add in your chocolate chunks
- Let it rest in refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- Roll out and cut to desired thickness, do not overwork the dough
- Brush each scone with cream and bake at 375 degrees till golden brown on top