Author Notes: Deliciously cakey and soft, these halva & dark chocolate blondies are subtly sweet, fragrant and guaranteed to make you crazy about halva. —Amaryllis Tsegou (The Tasty Other)
Makes: 16 pieces
cups all purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
grams unsalted butter, melted
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
grams vanilla halva, crumbled
cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/ 150ºC FAN (325F/ 300F), line a square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients and set aside. Beat together the honey and butter and add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine; lastly, add the crumbled halva and chocolate chips and fold gently with a spatula, trying not to break the halva chunks.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20′, or until golden and an inserted bamboo skewer coming out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the pan for 5′ and then cool for a further 10′ on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
- Optional: to frost, mix together 3 tbsp cocoa powder, 4 tbs tahini, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract and a pinch of sea salt flakes. Spread liberally on the blondes before slicing.