If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Deliciously cakey and soft, these halva & dark chocolate blondies are subtly sweet, fragrant and guaranteed to make you crazy about halva. —Amaryllis Tsegou (The Tasty Other)
Makes: 16 pieces
cups all purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
grams unsalted butter, melted
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
grams vanilla halva, crumbled
cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/ 150ºC FAN (325F/ 300F), line a square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients and set aside. Beat together the honey and butter and add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine; lastly, add the crumbled halva and chocolate chips and fold gently with a spatula, trying not to break the halva chunks.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20′, or until golden and an inserted bamboo skewer coming out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the pan for 5′ and then cool for a further 10′ on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
- Optional: to frost, mix together 3 tbsp cocoa powder, 4 tbs tahini, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract and a pinch of sea salt flakes. Spread liberally on the blondes before slicing.