If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kathi kebab is a popular street food in Kolkata, India made with meat grilled in a skewer. It is also the wrapped by a flatbread to make the popular Kathi roll. Here is how to make this easy, tasty grilled meat with the perfect spice mix. —Mitanti Ghosh Sarkar
- 1 piece Red Onion
- 1 piece Yellow bell pepper
- 380 grams Chicken (boneless)
- 125 grams Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dried mango powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Green cardamom powder
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 7 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- Chop the onions and bell peppers in cubes. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Take the chicken, onion and peppers in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt.
- Add the dried spices. (one after another on the yogurt). The dried spices are Dried mango powder, Cumin powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala, Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Nutmeg powder, Cinnamon powder and Green cardamom.
- Add the salt.
- Pour 5 tablespoon of oil on the spice mix.
- Mix the yogurt and spices well with the chicken so that each piece is well coated with yogurt and spice mix.
- Rest it for at least 1 hour. It is better if marinated in a refrigerator overnight.
- First wet the wooden skewers with water. Then pierce the onion, peppers and chicken one by one into the skewer.
- Put the skewers into a preheated oven at 200°C and grill them at 190°C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take them out and bust them with oil. Turn the sides of each skewer and bust them again with oil.
- Grill them at 190°C for another 20-25 minutes.
- Take them out. Wrap the tray with an aluminum foil and rest for 10-15 minutes and then serve.