If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Tiffany Welsh
Makes one 9 inch cake
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 2 tablespoons Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/8 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 12 ounces Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and vinegar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/4 C flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and 1 1/8 C sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt coconut oil. Pour a small bit into a cast iron skillet or similar size pan. Use a paper towel to spread around the pan.
- In a second bowl, whisk eggs. Add coconut milk to eggs. Slowly add melted coconut oil to egg mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir slowly by hand only mixing until just combined. Pour 2 Tbsp flour onto blueberries and stir them around to coat. Add about 2/3 of the blueberries to batter and gently fold in, just mix 2 or 3 times. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes before pouring into pan.
- Pour batter into prepare skillet. Spread remaining blueberries over the top of the batter. Sprinkle with 1/8 C sugar.
- Place skillet on baking sheet in oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.