If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Tiffany Welsh
Makes 6 muffins
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup White Rice Flour
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Poppyseeds
- Coarse Sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line or grease 6-count muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flours, arrowroot, baking powder, xanthum gum, salt, and sugar.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg until frothy.
- Add olive oil, milk and lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold together. When it is about 75% incorporated, add in lemon zest and poppyseed.
- Fill muffin cups to top.
- Sprinkle generously with coarse sugar.
- Place in preheated oven. Immediately reduce temperature to 375. Bake for 25-27 minutes until tops spring back when poked gently.