If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Whole Wheat Chocolate Cherry Muffins are a quick and healthy way to get out the door quickly in the morning! Even the kids will love them! —Paige
- 2.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently stir the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the honey and brown sugar together. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, vanilla, and egg. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently begin to fold with a rubber spatula. Add the milk slowly and continue to gently mix the ingredients together. Fold in the chocolate chips and cherries. Don't overmix the batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tin. You may have enough for more than 12 muffins. Fill all the way to the top for good muffin tops. Bake for 17-18 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool until ready to eat.