If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This burger won the vote in this week’s NutriPic, and these delicious veggie burgers are healthy, nutritious and super easy to make. They make a tasty alternative to beef burgers and the perfect healthy starter, lunch or main
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter... —Nikki Brown
- 2 pieces large sweet potatoes
- 400 grams kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 280 grams cooked quinoa
- 1 piece red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 200 grams can sweetcorn
- 90 grams ground almonds
- 2 pieces cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into small chunks, then place in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes (until softened).
- Meanwhile mix together the cooked quinoa, mashed kidney beans, ground almonds, onion, garlic, sweetcorn and spices until fully combined.
- Drain the potatoes, then mash and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal parts and shape into round balls. Flatten then bake for 35 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes.