If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These mini apple tarts not only look amazing, they taste it too. We’ve made them by forming the apple slices into petal shapes so they look like roses.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter...
For the base:
grams ground almonds
grams gluten free oats
milliliters coconut oil
teaspoon vanilla extract
For the apple layer:
grams red apples, cored and finely sliced
piece Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pastry in a large bowl and mix well, then set aside.
- Chop and de-stem the strawberries then add to a blender, blend until smooth.
- Grease 10 cupcake tins with coconut oil, then press in the pastry mixture. Push the mixture to the bottom of each tin then up the sides. The pastry should be about 1/4 cm thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking - place the chopped apple slices into a bowl of cold water, then add the lemon juice and microwave for 3 mins.
- Leave the apples in the warm water for a few minutes (until softened), then drain and sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled - place a spoonful of strawberry puree into the bottom of each tart, then carefully place the apple slices on top. Start at the edges of the tart and work your way in to form roses.
- Place back in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! :)