If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I cut from the Seattle Times over 35 years ago. I have changed it, left out some of the original ingredients and and added my own to use it with the fruit, that's coming out of our garden in the Summer and Fall. It originally called for apples, but I also substitute Italian Plums, Pears and Peaches. It's always a hit at work and travels well.
My dear friend has taken this plum cake recipe and used if for their Rosh Hashanah meal. Even her mother, Hannah, agreed it was better than their own Plum Cake recipe!
I do it in Bundt pan. —sscook
Makes: one bundt cake
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 15 min
cups thinly slice fruit of your choice, plums, pears, apples, peaches...
tablespoon Baking powder
Grated peel from orange.
cup Orange juice
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan
- Place the first 5 dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and grated orange peel, in a large bowl and mix together.
- Combine the 4 wet ingredients, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs in a smaller bowl, lightly beat together.
- Pour combined wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are wet. The batter will be very thick.
- Alternate layers of the batter with fruit 3 times, starting with batter and ending with fruit, that you gently press into the last batter layer.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. Remove from oven, let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan onto a cake plate and let fully cool.