If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious veggie rolls are a taste sensation, made from pan fried aubergine/eggplant slices and filled with tasty vegetables and quinoa – this is a super easy vegetarian recipe that makes the perfect healthy lunch or starter.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-aubergine-veggie-rolls/
- 2 pieces aubergines/eggplants
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 piece red onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 piece beetroot, grated
- 2 pieces carrots, grated
- 1 piece red bell pepper, diced
- 195 grams cooked quinoa
- Trim the edges from the aubergines/eggplant, then slice lengthways into 4mm slices.
- Brush the aubergine/eggplant slices with coconut oil, then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Place in a frying pan or griddle pan and fry for 2-3 mins each side.
- Set aside in between 2 kitchen towels to remove any excess water.
- Meanwhile start making the filling. Gently fry the onion over a medium heat until browned.
- Add the grated ginger, turmeric, garlic powder and cooked quinoa and leave for a further 5 minutes.
- Place a layer of the quinoa mixture on top of each of the aubergine/eggplant slices, then add the beetroot, carrot and red pepper on top.
- Roll up and serve!