Author Notes: You had the choice of carrot cake or brownies in this week’s NutriPic – and brownies won the vote, so here’s your healthy, chocolatey and delicious recipe.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-chocolate-orange-brownie/ —Nikki Brown
piece avocado, peeled and chopped
grams maple syrup
piece zest from 1 orange
tablespoons chia seeds
grams ground almonds
grams can kidney beans, drained
piece Juice from 1/2 orange
grams mixed nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F.
- Place all the ingredients (except for the nuts) into a food processor and blitz until fully combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then add the mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more orange zest and honey/maple syrup to serve.
- Add to a mixing bowl, then mix in the nuts.