If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gluten-Free Slow Cooked Fajitas
These delicious slow cooked fajitas are perfect for an evening with friends. We’ve used gram flour to make the tortillas which is sometimes referred to as chickpea flour and makes a tasty, healthy and gluten free alternative to your typical tortillas. The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/gluten-free-fajitas/ —Nikki Brown
For the tortillas:
- 180 grams flour/chickpea flour
- 375 milliliters water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
For the fajitas:
- 450 grams boneless chicken breasts
- 400 grams can chopped tomatoes
- 6 pieces sweet peppers (or 3 bell peppers)
- 4 pieces garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 piece Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 piece mashed avocado (optional)
- 1 piece natural yoghurt (optional)
- Pour half of the can of chopped tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Slice the peppers and onion, then add half of these on top.
- Add the other half of the can of tomatoes, the lemon juice, honey, the rest of the peppers and onions on top, then leave on a low/medium heat for 6-8 hours.
- To make the tortillas: mix together all the ingredients until fully combined.
- Once the chicken is cooked, assemble the tortillas and add a dash of natural yoghurt or guacamole to top.