Author Notes: This delicious pudding and custard recipe can be ready in under 30 minutes and is only 330 calories per serving. It’s super easy to make and a dessert the kids will love.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-pudding-custard/
For the pudding:
grams plain wholemeal flour
milliliters unsweetened almond milk
tablespoon coconut oil
For the custard:
milliliters coconut milk
tablespoons honey or maple syrup
piece vanilla pod
pieces egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Add coconut oil to the bottom of each muffin tin, then heat for 5 mins in the oven.
- Meanwhile, beat all the egg yolks for the custard in a bowl.
- Add the milk, honey/maple syrup and vanilla for the custard to a saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat until warm, but not boiling.
- Whisk the egg and flour for the puddings together and then slowly add the milk, add the mixture to the muffin tins and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg yolks to the custard pan and stir continuously until everything is combined, then turn down to a low heat for another 15 minutes until thickened, whisking occasionally.
- Once everything is ready serve with fresh fruit, cinnamon and healthy jam.