If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious vegan dish is perfect for when you don’t have much time. It can be ready in under 30 minutes and is a great way of using up veggies.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-chickpea-buddha-bowl/ —Nikki Brown
- 85 grams red quinoa
- 235 milliliters vegetable broth
- 1/2 piece red onion
- 40 grams carrots, cubed
- 425 grams can chickpeas
- 150 grams brussel sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 piece avocado
- 40 grams parsnips, cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Place the quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the can of chickpeas and pat them dry with kitchen towel pieces. Mix the chickpeas with the turmeric then add to a frying pan with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Fry over a medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Peel the avocado then mash with a potato masher or food processor.
- Add everything to a bowl then serve with 1 tablespoon of dressing drizzled on top.