Author Notes: These delicious little snacks are soft, chewy and really easy to make. They taste delicious served with a nice cup of tea.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-raspberry-cookies/
For the biscuit base:
grams ground almonds
grams coconut flour
tablespoons coconut oil
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon almond extract
For the filling:
- In a mixing bowl - mix together the ground almonds, coconut flour and baking powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl - mix together 80g/3oz of the honey with the egg, coconut oil and almond extract until fully combined.
- Add the raspberries and remaining honey to a saucepan and gently heat, over a medium heat, mixing and mashing the raspberries as you go. Once all the raspberries are mashed and well combined with the honey, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill the holes with the raspberry mixture then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate (should last for up to 4 days).