You don’t have to wait for Halloween for this Mexican-style layered bean dip. Fresh avocados, chopped onions and LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños top off this perfect party dip.
You don’t have to wait for Halloween for this Mexican-style layered bean dip. Fresh avocados, chopped onions and LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños top off this perfect party dip.—Foodie
tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
cup sour cream
tablespoons taco seasoning
ounces bean dip (store bought or homemade)
ounces sliced black olives
ounces jar of LA VICTORIA Thick'N Chunky Salsa
LA VICTORIA Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the avocados and mix with lemon juice and salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- Assemble the dip by layering the ingredients in a 2-quart casserole dish. Spread the bean dip on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with the olives, cheese, onions, sour cream/mayonnaise mixture, LA VICTORIA® salsa and avocado mixture.
- To make the spider web design, place sour cream in a piping bag or squeeze bottle and draw 4 circles inside each other. Gently drag a bamboo skewer or toothpick outward from the center to create the webbed effect (be sure to clean the skewer/toothpick between lines.)
- Serve with tortilla chips and LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, if desired.
- For a fun twist, make "Scary Chips" by using Halloween cookie cutters to cut bat and ghost shapes out of fresh tortillas.
- Fry chips in 400°F oil for 3 minutes or bake in a 350°F oven until crisp.