If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Now that the weather has been warmer, it feels as good a time as ever to share with you my recipe for raw cherry ripe. I had been thinking about making it for a while and when I saw some beautiful cherries on special at my local green grocer, I knew it was a sign. It’s not as naughty as a real cherry ripe, but it has all the elements. Perhaps we can call this a cherry ripe for when you are trying to be good but you’re naughty at heart. —Alannah | Kale Mary
Makes 9 slices
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 4 tablespoons raisin paste or 4 dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beetroot pwder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Blitz the base ingredients (1 1/2 cup almonds, 4 tbsp raisin paste or 4 dates, 1 tbsp coconut oil) in a food processor until the almonds are roughly chopped. Spoon into the base of a square container or baking pan. Smooth out evenly and set aside.
- Blitz the filling ingredients (1 cup fresh cherries, 2 cups desiccated coconut, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 tbsp beetroot powder, 2 tbsp almond butter, 1 tsp vanilla powder) until combined well then spoon on top of the base. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Add 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup cacao powder and 1/4 cup maple syrup to a bowl and whisk until combined. Remove cherry ripe from freezer and spread the chocolate on top. Return to the freezer for another hour before enjoying.