If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
While in Spain last summer for an art workshop, I tasted an amazing watermelon soup. When I came home, I created this one, based on my memory.
While in Spain last summer for an art workshop, I tasted an amazing watermelon soup. When I came home, I created this one, based on my memory.—Rachel Basye
sweet onions, chopped
garlic cloves, chopped
cup each, basil, thyme and mint, chopped
tablespoons olive oil
cups homemade croutons (see below)
- Saute onions and garlic on low heat until clear. Do not brown. When done, take off heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, cut up watermelon, removing all rind.
- When onions have cooled, mix with watermelon and herbs in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add olive oil. Let rest at room temperature for several hours before serving.
- Croutons: Slice 4 1-inch thick pies of ciabatta or boule bread into chunks. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake until crisp.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with croutons.