If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with a rich pastry crust and filled with sweet, plump, juicy blueberries, this superfood blueberry pie is pure decadence… at its healthy best!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flours and salt.
- Remove the dough discs from the fridge and on a dusted surface, roll them out.
- Press the dough along the edges of the dish to ensure there are no gaps between.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
- For those with nut allergies, substitute the almond flour with more tapioca or coconut flour. You can also use frozen blueberries for the filling. It may not be necessary to include all of the ice water when making the dough. Just continue adding a bit at a time until the dough is the right consistency. The filling will be extremely hot for a while after removing the pie from the oven so allow to cool sufficiently.