If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderful recipe by bluebayou from allrecipes.com
- 2 1/4 cups dried split peas
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 1/2 pounds ham bone
- 2 onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- In a large stock pot, cover peas with 2 quarts cold water and soak overnight. If you need a faster method, simmer the peas gently for 2 minutes, and then soak for l hour.
- Once peas are soaked, add ham bone, onion, salt, pepper and marjoram. Cover, bring to boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bone; cut off meat, dice and return meat to soup. Add celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook slowly, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
More Great Recipes: