If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A buttery, light, and perfect pound cake made with basic pantry staples —Casablancacooks
cups All Purpose Flour
tablespoon Baking Powder
ounces Unsalted Butter, room temperature
eggs, whites & yolks divided
cup Whole Milk
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease sides and bottom of bundt pan
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in bowl and set aside
- Separate egg whites and yolks, placing yolks in a small bowl and whites in a medium bowl
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until butter is very light in color, 2-3 minutes
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended
- Separately, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Fold gently into prepared batter until incorporated
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in cake comes out mostly clean
- Cool in bundt pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto serving dish