If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salmon is a delicious fish cooked almost any way, but this marinade adds such a nice touch to the dish. A little tangy, a little sweet, a little salty... Mmmm good! —Nelson Cardoso
- 2 pounds salmon fillet with skin on, cut into 4 equal portions
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onion (scallions) stalks
- 1 tablespoon tbsp vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, brown sugar, dijon mustard, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Cut the salmon fillet into portions and place them in one layer inside a freezer bag.
- Pour the marinade into the bag and seal while keeping out most of the air.
- Massage the marinade around until it coats all the salmon pieces.
- Place the bag in the fridge with all the pieces still flat and in one layer.
- Marinate for one our. Don't leave the fish in the marinade much longer, as the citrus will start to slowly cook the fish.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a heavy stainless (see notes below) or non-stick pan and heat on medium high.
- Once the oil looks like it's about to start smoking, carefully place the salmon portions in the pan, skin side facing up. Note: make sure to place the pieces down and away from you to avoid burning yourself.
- Let the fish cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the fish side is nicely seared and caramelized. Use a spatula to lift the fish a little to see the colour.
- With a spatula, turn the pieces over gently to avoid breaking the fish.
- Let the fish cook on the skin side for another 5 minutes or until the fish starts to flake.
- Plate the salmon pieces and top with the chopped green onion (scallions).
- Serve the fish hot with a favourite side. Enjoy!