If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't have a lot of time to cook anymore (first time momma to a 9 month old) so when I do, I want the meal to be easy but still unique and delicious. This recipe came about on a clean-out-the-fridge night and when my husband immediately praised his first bite (he's a tough critic) I knew I had a winner! —onetinyspark
- 1 Bag or box of penne
- 3 Chicken Sausage links (I used Trader Joe's Chicken with Sundried Tomato)
- 1 Can fire roasted diced tomato
- 1 Small fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Celery stalks, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Goat cheese
- Parsley for serving
- Salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to taste
- Brown the chicken sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat. Scoop out the sausage and set aside.
- In the remaining fat, sauté the onion, fennel, and celery for about ten minutes until soft and translucent. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Then add in the garlic and cook for thirty more seconds or so.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes and add the sausage back in. Mix all of the ingredients together. Let simmer for 20 Minutes to an hour, depending on how much time you've got.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne to just almost al dente. Drain and set aside.
- When you're just about ready to serve, add the penne to the sauce pan, along with the goat cheese. Mix well and let simmer for a few minutes so the flavors meld a bit.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!