If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether it is rotten banana day or not, these are a quick, no fuss, simple family treat. My resourceful mother-in-law would whip these up in one bowl, all ingredients at once, and they were amazing. Frosting was optional. A dusting of powdered sugar will suffice. While she made them the traditional way, I adjusted the recipe to be GF. Thanks to Bakewell Cream, they were nearly as perfect as the original recipe, perhaps just missing a little height. Also, my baking instincts require a more traditional mixing method, but if you want to try the one bowl, every-one-in-the-pot method, be my guest. —janet voris
- 1/4 cup Butter flavored vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Med banana, mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, Preferably, King Arthur
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free oat flour, preferably, Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Bakewell Cream
- 2 tablespoons Buttermilk
- In a medium bowl, lightly cream shortening and sugar with a hand held mixer.
- Add mashed banana, egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and Bakewell Cream. Add to medium bowl mixture along with the buttermilk until just incorporated.
- Divide between 8 paper lined cupcake/muffin tins. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 22 mins.