If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tra la, tra la......golden, crispy edged outtards and soft, puffy, fluffy innards. Insanely great! —TheLastWonton
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk, or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- Butter and syrup, for serving
- Or berries and cream, or mayhaps bananas and caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron. It is said that you do not need to butter your waffle iron or use non-stick spray because the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily. I'll leave that up to you.
- Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup....or....
- **Thanks oodles Ann of Thibeault's Table for another damn delicious recipe!! Boy, you're good!**
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch