If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Transform your Indian takeaway into a healthier alternative. The addition of moutabelle, which is a beautiful smoky eggplant/aubergine dip, really lifts the flavour of the tandoori. Marinating the chicken the night before, makes it an easy ‘go to’ dinner when you come home from work.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/chicken-tandoori-and-moutabelle-wraps/ —Nikki Brown
Tandoori Chicken & Moutabelle:
- 1 piece boneless chicken breasts
- 250 milliliters plain yoghurt
- 30 grams tandoori paste
- 1 piece salt and pepper to taste
- 1 piece olive oil (for cooking)
- 300 grams eggplant/aubergine
- 1 piece large white onion
- 1 piece bunch flat parsley
- 30 grams tahini paste
Tahini-Garlic Sauce & Wraps:
- 4 pieces flour tortilla or gluten-free tortillas
- 2 pieces ripe tomatoes
- 1 piece bulb white onion
- 1 piece cucumber
- 100 grams Romaine lettuce
- In a bowl, mix yoghurt and tandoori paste. Add in chicken breast and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for no less than 2 hours.
- Add all ingredients for the tahini sauce in a blender. Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate.
- Peel the grilled eggplants/aubergines, and transfer the flesh to a blender or food processor. Add in the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. You may add a little warm water if it is too thick to process.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a preheated 250C/480F grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, basting regularly with olive oil.
- Heat the pieces of tortilla over the grill until surface starts to bubble.
- Lay each tortilla on a chopping board spread a tablespoon of the moutabelle on one side. Top with lettuce, tandoori chicken, tomato, onions and cucumber. Drizzle with the garlic tahini paste and roll to close. Secure with bamboo skewers and enjoy.