If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty meat stew dish is slightly sweet due to the chosen vegetables and mildly spicy from the chorizo sausage (often made with smoked paprika and salt). This slow-simmered stew is a perfect go-to recipe when you have little time to cook dinner. —Mariska
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds bulk pork chorizo sausage (without casing)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (7 ounces or 200 grams) can or bottle tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place all the vegetables and the meat in a slow cooker (at least 6-quart). Pour over the tomato paste. Fill the empty bottle/can of the tomato paste with fresh water and add to the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and basil. Using a large wooden spoon, stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the olive oil equally over the ingredients and sprinkle on top the rosemary. Season with pepper. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.