If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Adult Mini Meatball Noodle Soup is just like what you had as a kid, only with a grown-up twist and WAY more flavor! —Paige
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the remaining butter, olive oil, tomato purée, 2 teaspoons salt, sugar, pepper, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, and wine, and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs. Mix the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt with the ground beef. Use a ½ tsp to roll the meat into tiny balls. Place meatballs into sauce and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the meatballs are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.