If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasting butternut squash creates a fantastic caramelized flavor combined with the richness of black beans and enchilada sauce and you have a savory, intensely flavored vegetarian dish. Reduced fat cheese will lower the fat count and whole wheat tortillas add a wonderful flavor. —Foodie
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces can of LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 LA VICTORIA™ Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 28 ounces can of LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 3 cups low-fat shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss squash with tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange squash on baking sheet. Roast 45 minutes or until soft, stirring twice during cooking.
- Transfer squash into large bowl. Mash until smooth. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, stirring occasionally. Add black beans and diced green chiles. Cook 3 minutes. Add cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Add onion mixture to squash; stir to combine.
- To assemble enchiladas, wrap LA VICTORIA™ Tortillas in damp paper towels and heat in microwave 30 seconds; turn over and heat 30 seconds more. Spread 1½ cups LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish or casserole. Place 3 tablespoons squash filling in center of each warm tortilla and top filling with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Loosely roll tortillas up into wide cigars. Place filled tortillas seam side down in sauce. Repeat using remaining tortillas and filling.
- Top completed tortillas with another 1½ cups enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until hot.
More Great Recipes: