If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy to cook, but delicious and healthy woth amazing Tofu Spread. To buy it follow thw link: https://tofuspread.com/ —Maria
Makes 1 pitta bread with tofu spread and caramelized onions
- Pitta bread
- 2-3 tablespoons Tofu Spread
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic venigar
- 1-2 Cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large frypan over low heat.
- Add the onions and a good pinch of salt and cook very slowly for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent them from catching. Don’t be tempted to turn the heat up, as you don’t want the onions to burn.
- When onions are softened and tinged golden, add sugar and balsamic – this will start the caramelization process. Cook onion over low heat for a further 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sticky and caramelized. Use immediately, or store in the fridge, in a sterilized jar or plastic container, and use when required.
- Place pitta bread on a flat surface and top it with Tofu Spread and caramelized onions. Serve with sliced tomatoes and parsley.
More Great Recipes: