If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether you want to start your day with a nutritious breakfast or finish your day with a nutritious dessert, this carrot, cardamom & walnut muffin recipe should be a go-to option for you.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/carrot-cardamom-walnut-muffins/ —Nikki Brown
For the Muffins
- 125 grams almond flour
- 15 grams coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 grams crushed cardamom seeds
- 2 pieces eggs
- 75 milliliters melted coconut oil
- 80 milliliters honey
- 10 milliliters vanilla extract
- 50 grams grated carrots
- 50 grams chopped walnuts
- Refrigerate can of coconut cream overnight.
- Carefully take chilled coconut cream out of the refrigerator the following day, and open it without disturbing the solidified layer. Scoop this layer out leaving the clear liquid behind.
- In a mixer, beat this cream to soft-peaks.
- Add in yoghurt, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and honey.
- Chill for about 4 hours.
For the Coconut Frosting
- 400 milliliters can of coconut cream
- 60 grams yoghurt
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 5 milliliters vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 milliliters honey
- Prepare a muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl, sift together all dry ingredients(almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger powder, and nutmeg).
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (eggs, cardamom seeds, coconut oil, honey, vanilla).
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Add in grated carrots and half of the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the individually-lined muffin tin.
- Bake in a 175C/350F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Top with chopped walnuts for garnish.