Author Notes: A hearty and comforting dish that’s packed with nutritional goodness, it makes for the perfect family meal. The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/all-vegetable-shepherds-pie/
grams crushed tomatoes
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon dried oregano
grams ground almonds
- Wash, peel, and boil potatoes until soft.
- Mash potatoes with the majority of the butter, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Slice all vegetables thinly (about a quarter of an inch), toss in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, add in dried oregano and arrange in a deep baking dish. Top with crushed tomatoes.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes in a 180C/360F oven.
- Take out of the oven and top with mashed potatoes.
- Brush with the remainder of the butter and top with ground almonds.
- Return to the oven set at 220C/430F until top develops a golden crust. (About 10-15 minutes)