If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish not only looks good, it does you good too. The discovery of Tofu was in China, the story is that a Chinese chef accidently curdled Soya milk when he added Nigari Seaweed – creating Tofu! How lucky for us, a protein that contains all the eight essential amino acids and Iron, Calcium, vitamin B1 to name just a few of it’s nutrients. Healthy eating! The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/cilantro-pesto-risoni-with-mango-curry-shrimps/ —Nikki Brown
- 1000 grams firm tofu
- 100 grams leeks, thinly sliced
- 30 milliliters sesame oil
- 30 milliliters fresh lime juice
- 30 milliliters gluten-free soy sauce
- 30 milliliters honey/maple syrup
- 2 pieces chilli, finely chopped
- 20 grams garlic, finely chopped
- 20 grams ginger, finely chopped
- 100 milliliters vegetable oil for frying
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Fry tofu for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, chili, garlic, and ginger. Mix well.
- Toss tofu and leeks in the prepared vinaigrette.