If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roll up! Roll up! For these sensational tasting sushi pieces which have been delicately created to give a subtly sweet and satisfying flavour that would be a great lunch option for work.
The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter.com/aubergine-teriyaki-sushi/ —Nikki Brown
For the Aubergine
- 250 grams aubergine/eggplant
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sushi
- 680 grams sushi rice
- 720 milliliters water
- 60 milliliters rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 pieces Japanese Nori
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut each aubergine into thirds length-wise. Poke all over on the cut surface with a fork. Allow to marinate for an hour in the soy mixture
- Rinse the rice.
- Combine rice and water in a stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Grill aubergine slices until fully cooked. About 4-5 minutes per side.
- Slice grilled aubergine into long strips.
- In a bowl, combine rice vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- When rice is fully cooked, fluff and toss in the rice vinegar mixture.
- Assemble the sushi. Lay a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat. Spread cooked sushi rice evenly on top of Nori. Lay strips of cooked eggplant near one edge. Roll and cut into 8 even slices.