If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you have healthy recipes like this, you look forward to every meal, every bite is a pleasure. You can rest assured that your taste buds will be satisfied and your body will be suitably nourished. The beautifully blended mix of herbs, vegetables and succulent chicken, create a mouth-watering dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
The recipe can be found here -
- 4 pieces butterflied chicken breast fillets
- 200 grams aubergine/eggplant – sliced
- 4 pieces ripe tomatoes - 200g/7oz total, cut into halves
- 1 piece white onion – 100g/3.5oz, quartered
- 1 piece courgette/zucchini – about 200g/7oz piece, cut in half lengthwise
- 30 milliliters olive oil
- 2 pieces sprigs of rosemary
- 1 piece a few tarragon leaves
- 2 pieces cloves chopped garlic
- 400 grams couscous
- 500 milliliters chicken stock
- 1 piece lemon, juice and zest
- 1 piece salt, to taste
- 1 piece pepper, to taste
- In a baking pan, lay chicken breasts, eggplant, tomato, onions, zucchini, chopped garlic, and rosemary. Toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/360F for about 12 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove out of the oven, tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small stockpot, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add in couscous, give it a quick stir, and cover. Turn off the heat and let stand to cook for 5 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, chop chicken and all roasted vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Fluff the cooked couscous with a meat fork and toss in the chopped chicken and vegetables together with the cooking juices.
- Fold in the lemon juice, zest, and chopped herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.