If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Valentine’s day is a time of appreciation for your better half and typically there’s some form of indulgence involving chocolate. This chocolate pudding pie certainly ticks all the boxes and even considers your nutrition at the same time, you could say it’s a match made in health heaven.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/gluten-free-chocolate-pudding-pie-with-glazed-cherries/
For the Filling & Crust
- 375 milliliters coconut cream
- 250 milliliters Greek yoghurt
- 4 pieces egg yolks
- 185 milliliters maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 21 grams gelatin powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 130 grams unsweetened chocolate chips
- 25 grams almond flour
- 70 grams coconut flour
- 60 milliliters maple syrup
- 60 milliliters coconut oil
- 1 piece pinch of salt
For the Cherry Glaze
- 90 grams maraschino cherries
- 125 milliliters maple syrup
- Make pie crust by combining all ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix well. Press onto a springform pan. Bake at 180C/360F for 8-12 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the filling. a. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, maple syrup, and salt. Set aside. b. Mix gelatin powder and about 2 tsp. of warm water in a small bowl. Set aside. c. Heat coconut cream and yoghurt in a saucepan for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow it to come to a boil. d. Temper the egg mixture. Ladle the hot coconut cream and yoghurt mixture in a thin stream into the egg mixture. Work it in slowly so that the eggs do not curdle. e. Put the mix back into the saucepan together with the softened gelatin. Heat for about 2 minutes to dissolve the gelatin. f. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Heat until chocolate is fully melted. g. Allow this pudding to cool. About 15 minutes.
- Make the glaze by combining cherries and maple syrup in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Assemble the pie. a. Pour filling into crust. b. Refrigerate overnight to set. c. Top with glazed cherries.