If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe can be found here -A vegetable cawl recipe specifically created for St. David’s Day which is celebrated every year on the 1st March, in remembrance of the patron saint of Wales. As the Welsh say, “Do the little things” and nourish your body.
http://www.mynutricounter.com/vegetable-cawl-with-herbed-potato-quenelles/ —Nikki Brown
For the Soup
- 100 grams celery stalks – diced
- 100 grams carrots - diced
- 100 grams onions - diced
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 21 grams parsley stems – finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1.5 liters vegetable stock or water
For the Quenelles
- 400 grams potatoes – peeled, whole
- 100 grams potato flour
- 15 grams parsley leaves – finely chopped
- 15 grams garlic chives – finely chopped
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, bay leaves, parsley stems, dried marjoram, and dried oregano for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn off the heat and take the potatoes out.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add potato flour, olive oil, parsley, chives, and salt. Mix to a smooth dough.
- Form the quenelles by rolling 25 grams/1 ounce of dough using two spoons.
- Bring the soup back to a boil. Drop the shaped quenelles and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
More Great Recipes: