Author Notes: Feast your eyes on these maple syrup granola discs. There’s a hint of wasabi to give them an unusual, yet delightful twist. They truly are a sublime mix of flavours which make for the perfect snack.The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/maple-wasabi-granola-discs/
grams gluten-free oats
grams desiccated coconut
tablespoon coconut oil
milliliters maple syrup
grams peanut butter
tablespoon wasabi powder
- Toast the oats and dessicated coconut for about 2 minutes in a skillet.
- Combine the maple syrup, peanut butter, and wasabi paste in a small saucepan and warm heat until fully melted. Stir all ingredients together.
- Toss the oats and coconut into the maple wasabi mixture.
- Line a dish with parchment paper.
- Using a 2.5” cookie cutter as a mold, shape granola into discs, packing firmly then set on the prepared dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.