Author Notes: Scones are one of the much loved and easy to make English teatime treats, this is the reason why we couldn’t resist but to create this healthy alternative. A little tip to help you get the best results is that the less you touch the dough, the crumblier your scones will be.The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter.com/peanut-butter-and-banana-scones/ —Nikki Brown
grams gluten-free biscuit and baking mix
teaspoon baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
teaspoon xanthan gum
teaspoon vanilla extract
grams banana, mashed
grams coconut sugar
grams peanut butter
grams raspberry jam – optional
tablespoons milk, for brushing
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients – peanut butter, banana, egg, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture in to the wet.
- Turn resulting dough on a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Roll it to about 1/2” thick.
- Cut it into individual rounds using a 2.5” cookie cutter.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 190C/375F.
- Allow to completely cool on a cooling rack.
- Finally, if you want to sweeten the scones, then you can smother them with some delicious raspberry jam.