If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Scones are one of the much loved and easy to make English teatime treats, this is the reason why we couldn’t resist but to create this healthy alternative. A little tip to help you get the best results is that the less you touch the dough, the crumblier your scones will be.The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter.com/peanut-butter-and-banana-scones/ —Nikki Brown
- 275 grams gluten-free biscuit and baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams banana, mashed
- 50 grams coconut sugar
- 100 grams peanut butter
- 1 piece egg
- 80 milliliters milk
- 115 grams raspberry jam – optional
- 2 tablespoons milk, for brushing
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients – peanut butter, banana, egg, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture in to the wet.
- Turn resulting dough on a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Roll it to about 1/2” thick.
- Cut it into individual rounds using a 2.5” cookie cutter.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 190C/375F.
- Allow to completely cool on a cooling rack.
- Finally, if you want to sweeten the scones, then you can smother them with some delicious raspberry jam.