If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In celebration of St Patrick’s day we’ve created this scrumptious colcannon stuffed and shamrock shaped ravioli recipe, that’s accompanied by a delectable saffron and sun-dried tomato oil to top the dish off. You’ll certainly feel like you’ve got the luck of the Irish if you try it.The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter... —Nikki Brown
For the Pasta Dough
grams gluten-free all-purpose flour
milliliters olive oil
grams spinach leaves
grams parsley leaves
- Blanch the spinach leaves and parsley in boiling water for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Puree the blanched spinach and parsley in a food processor. Set aside.
- Whisk together salt and gluten-free flour.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Add oil, water, and spinach puree. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until elastic.
- Rest the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Make the pasta oil In a saucepan over low heat, combine olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and saffron threads.
- Allow the ingredients to infuse into the oil. About 2-3 minutes.
For the Colcannon Stuffing & Pasta Oil
grams cabbage or kale
teaspoon white pepper powder
grams sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
grams garlic, thinly sliced
teaspoon saffron threads
milliliters olive oil
- Boil the potatoes and cabbage until fork tender. About 15 minutes.
- Drain and puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish the Ravioli Roll out the dough until about 1/8” thick. You may use a rolling pin or pasta roller.
- Cut the flattened dough into shape using a shamrock cookie cutter.
- Spoon in about 10 grams of the prepared colcannon into each pre-cut piece of dough.
- Brush the edges with a light flour slurry.
- Top each filled piece with another dough cutout. Press lightly on the sides to seal.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Boil assembled ravioli for about 4 minutes.
- Toss in the prepared pasta oil.