If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mother’s day is a time of appreciation and what better way to show her than creating some indulgent and healthy chocolate waffles, amongst all the other loving gestures….In less than half an hour you’ll have made her feel extra special!
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/dark-chocolate-waffles-with-coconut-maple-butter/
For the Coconut Butter
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the Waffles
- 190 grams gluten free flour
- 25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 piece egg
- 15 milliliters maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 5 grams baking powder
- 250 milliliters milk
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 piece Non-stick cooking spray
- Blend desiccated coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt in a food processor until smooth. About 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, baking powder and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center and add egg yolk, milk, oil, and vanilla. Blend with a fork then work in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat egg white to soft peaks in a separate bowl.
- Fold in the egg white into the batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Coat your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle in 80ml of the batter into each waffle mold. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve waffles with coconut butter.