Author Notes: A nutrient packed, winter warmer to be enjoyed over the festive period and all through the year. Nuts contain several important B vitamins necessary for enzyme metabolism inside the body. Introduce a handful of pecan nuts into your diet to ensure you are getting a good supply of vitamins, minerals and protein. Bananas contain fibre, potassium and have 33% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin B6. Enjoy this fruit and nutty treat!
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/winter-spiced-banana-and-pecan-stuffed-apples/ —Nikki Brown
grams bananas, sliced
grams pecans, roughly chopped
grams coconut sugar
teaspoon ground cloves
teaspoon ground green cardamom
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Cut the tops of apples off and scoop out the flesh from the centre. Keep apples submerged in acidulated water (bowl of water plus about a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar) to keep them from oxidising.
- Roughly chop the scooped out apple flesh.
- In a bowl, toss chopped apples, bananas, pecans, coconut sugar, coconut oil and the spices.
- Stuff the apples with the mixture and sprinkle some coconut sugar on top.
- Arrange apples upright in an oven safe dish. Pour about a 60ml/2fl oz of water into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.