If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nutrient packed, winter warmer to be enjoyed over the festive period and all through the year. Nuts contain several important B vitamins necessary for enzyme metabolism inside the body. Introduce a handful of pecan nuts into your diet to ensure you are getting a good supply of vitamins, minerals and protein. Bananas contain fibre, potassium and have 33% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin B6. Enjoy this fruit and nutty treat!
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/winter-spiced-banana-and-pecan-stuffed-apples/ —Nikki Brown
- 3 pieces apples
- 120 grams bananas, sliced
- 30 grams pecans, roughly chopped
- 25 grams coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamom
- 15 milliliters oil
- 60 milliliters water
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Cut the tops of apples off and scoop out the flesh from the centre. Keep apples submerged in acidulated water (bowl of water plus about a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar) to keep them from oxidising.
- Roughly chop the scooped out apple flesh.
- In a bowl, toss chopped apples, bananas, pecans, coconut sugar, coconut oil and the spices.
- Stuff the apples with the mixture and sprinkle some coconut sugar on top.
- Arrange apples upright in an oven safe dish. Pour about a 60ml/2fl oz of water into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.