If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not that we need an excuse to eat this delicious dish but National Fish and Chip day is as good as any. Another good reason is for the health benefits, people who eat fish regularly have a lower risk of heart disease. Cod or haddock are a good source of protein which delays stomach emptying, this helps to stop sudden increases in sugar levels. These fish contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are good blood thinners and many B vitamins. Who said fish and chips weren’t healthy? We aren’t waiting for the 2nd June!
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/vegan-roasted-vegetable-omelette/
- 500 grams cod or haddock fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 500 grams potatoes, cut into wedges
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
- 15 grams fresh coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 15 milliliters olive oil
- 15 milliliters lemon juice
- Combine flaxseed meal and water in a large bowl. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard and cider vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- In a thin steady stream, gradually whisk in the sunflower oil.
- Fold in sriracha.
- Season with salt and pepper.
For the Mayonnaise
- 125 milliliters sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 0.5 grams salt
- 15 grams dijon mustard
- 8 grams flax seed meal
- 30 milliliters water
- 30 milliliters sriracha
- Parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes in salted water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl. Toss well with olive oil and season with salt.
- Mix lemon juice and turmeric powder in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine desiccated coconut, chopped (coriander) cilantro, and black pepper.
- Brush fish fillets with lemon and turmeric solution, season with salt, then coat with the coconut and coriander (cilantro) mixture.
- Lay fish fillets and potatoes on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 220C/430F.