Author Notes: The power of pears is boundless, we’ll spell it out for you.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/golden-pears-with-spiced-maple-granita/
pieces pears, peeled
grams fresh turmeric, peeled and thinly sliced
teaspoons green cardamom pods
teaspoons cinnamon sticks
grams lemongrass stalks
milliliters maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a small stock pot. Simmer for about an hour.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool for about an hour.
- Strain the poaching liquid into a covered container and freeze overnight.
- Refrigerate the pears until ready to serve.
- Serve poached pears with granita.