If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You don’t want to supersede these Super seeds with anything else, they provide you with so much nutrition. Flaxseeds have been eaten for thousands of years, they are a plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acids which according to various studies help to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels, support heart health and help to prevent some cancers, not to mention protecting against cognitive decline. Flaxseeds contain high levels of mucilage gum, this is a gel-forming fibre that is beneficial for intestinal health, this gum keeps food in the stomach for longer allowing more absorption of the food’s nutrients. Fennel seeds contain dietary fibre so these also benefit intestinal health. Both seeds have antioxidants that fight the harming free radicals as well as many vitamins. Enjoy a super Chanukah.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/cilantro-latkes-with-five-spice-apple-sauce/
For the Potato Latkes
- 250 grams potato
- 20 grams fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 30 milliliters water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 15 grams potato flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 milliliters olive oil
- Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Dilute flaxseed meal in 2 tablespoons water and leave to bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and run the potatoes through a coarse cheese grater.
- Combine grated potatoes, flax mixture, chopped cilantro, potato starch, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Drop loose mounds of potato mixture in the hot oil and fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with apple sauce on the side.
For the Apple Sauce
- 200 grams apples, peeled and chopped into ½” cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon black cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 50 grams shallots, thinly sliced
- 30 milliliters apple cider vinegar
- 62,5 milliliters maple syrup
- 500 milliliters water
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apples are fully tender. Add more water if necessary.
- With a potato masher, mash the apples in the pan, leaving some chunks whole.
More Great Recipes: