If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A cold yet hot ice-lolly – not for the faint hearted if lots of chilli flakes are added! Popular pineapples are full of goodness as well as flavour, they are the only source of the plant compound bromelain. Bromelain is linked with improved immune function, prevention of cancer and digestive health. Pineapples contain Vitamin C, an antioxidant, folate and trace minerals. Be cool and get a hot chilli ice lolly.
The recipe can be found here -
- 500 grams pineapple, roughly chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons teaspoons red chilli flakes, depends on preference for heat
- 1-2 tablespoons tablespoons maple syrup, depends on ripeness of pineapple
- Puree pineapple in a blender until smooth.
- Taste and sweeten if needed.
- Stir in red chilli flakes.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.